Sunday, March 30, 2014

Life's lessons or telling life to bring it on.


Hi friends, my thoughts for today.

It's not about what life teaches you...it's about what you tell life.
Look here I am standing right in front of your doorstep, bring it on.... Hit me with your best.


I find so many people, kids/teenagers struggling with their relationships (parents, friends, gf/bf spouses), trying to find that perfect someone that their whole life revolves around it. Not that I am a perfect person and don't have problems at all. No rather, with me nothing is ever even remotely good. I seem to attract the worst of the lot sometimes and don't know what to tell them. Knowing me, problems abound and I am battling a bunch of them every week.

What I would like to stress on is that, no man or woman will be the perfect partner, you hoped for. Or it may turn out to be that he or she was not half the man or woman you thought they will be. What do you do then? Give up, get frustrated and blow everything and everyone around you. Yes, temporarily that maybe a good way to start off. But after some time when the tide has subsided, introspect.

Whatever you do don't throw your life away. This not a solution. Get angry, get depressed, but don't stay that way for long. Shake yourself off and fill yourself back with enthusiasm. Find a mechanism to deal with your situation or learn to turn to something that will bring you out of the dumps. For me writing helps. When I am hurt or angry with all the pent up emotions, I focus on writing positive things. When I write and focus on the opposite of what I feel I am able to lift myself instantaneously. That is why I went ahead and made the investment of buying a smart phone not because I can chat with friends, but because I can write wherever I am and store my thoughts. Also through this medium I can offer my unconditional love and support without making judgements, to friends in need of a shoulder.

Coming back....No one will ever be the perfect partner you long for. The point is how good a partner you are to yourself. Can you tell yourself to get out of the dumps and start walking? Can you tell "Life", I've crossed this hurdle you've thrown at me, what next?

The greatest people in the world have first conquered personal battles before embarking on an uncharted territory. They have been able to do that only based on their convictions and looking inward and not outward. Look outwards towards your goal, with the inner person in mind.

To build a good relationship with your inner self, you need a make a start early on. Obviously, you cannot survive this journey alone. That is why even though some people think that God is just a figment of your imagination, it is still worth having that figure in your lives. Just to hold on to sanity. But, for those who do not think of God just as a figment of their imagination, but someone real, life is different. He comes in to your life, only when he makes you ready. In his time. He never asked you to be the best and most perfect person, rather he offers you his perfection.

If only you could see the perfection of God and how everything human pales in comparison, you will realise, that despite everything life's thrown at you, you can go on, because someone is smiling and cheering you on.

People and relationships have motives, you cannot deny it. Even having a child for parents is a motive. The mother wants to prove that she is not barren and the father wants an heir. God has no such motive. He only wants you to be able to make a choice. Does any relationship offer you that?? I do not have any restrictions on my husbands time or space. I don't complain about where he goes or who he hangs out with, women/men, friends, anyone. But even I expect him at times to be there, when I need him....it's another thing altogether whether he chooses or not to do what I expect. But that does not deter me. I turn to my other partner who strengthens me, to do whatever I set to do. Digging deep asking life to bring on whatever it has, because I have a true friend and partner, who has seen it all.

So till next time..we meet again.

No comments: