Thursday, March 27, 2014

A little prayer..

I said a little prayer for you my Love
Prayed for the very best to come your way
Opened my arms and praised heaven
For sending you my way.

For you see I was not worthy of this blessing
much less, life seemed a burden
Until I found a mirror in your eyes
That helped me see who am I

I am not hoping for rosy days
or singing and dancing everywhere.
Neither do I expect you to be my shinning knight
and rescue me from my plight.

Rather I am hoping that by your side
I may enjoy my fate, my bricks and bats
To sacrifice all I have at the altar of love
To make this love so pure and worthy
To serve you with love with sacrifice.
and to be true always to the end of my life. 

True love v/s. romantic love : ACCEPTS V/S. EXPECTS.  These 2 divergent attributes define the thin line between True and Romantic love.

Jesus teaches us to love and love truly.  When I opened my heart to His love, I realised I was never the same again.  Not that I have not deviated from His love from time to time, but He always brought me back with every experience and encounter I had with the world, showing me why I needed to depend so heavily on HIS love alone.  In Jesus, my relationships are intact, never messy, because my focus is the "God of Love".  I may be mad and over the top to people and people may never really fathom me, but that never bothers me, cause I know that as long as you are separated from your creator and your true essence, you will always see things in the manner in which the world sees it -  through tinted glasses.  And that is some ugly, make believe, horror story!   True love has helped me overcome so many of the problems I have faced either at home or at work.

1. Competition at work
2. Insecurity about my job.
3. Relationship with my peers and colleagues
4. Relationship with my cousins, in-laws and family members.
5. My relationship with my friends and their friends.
6. My kids and my spouse!

There are other areas that I still need to work on, but the story doesn't end with this. War of words will never end.  Many things and people will tick you off.  But the most important part of love is humility in the relationship.  One person must always be ready to say "Sorry".  Don't lay the blame at the doorstep, simply apologise. Put down the arms when the day is over. "Don't let the sun set on your anger".  True love would do that, forgive, accept, embrace and welcome every opportunity to love again!  


Till we meet again!

No comments: